What do I need to bring with me to fill a prescription at the pharmacy?
If this is your first time filling a prescription at our pharmacy, we will need:
- Your name, address, phone number, and birth date.
- If you have an Alberta Health card, we will need that number.
- If you are a student and covered under the Student Health Plan, we will also need your student ID number.
- If you have any other coverage through work or your parents, we will need this information
Can I transfer my prescription from another pharmacy?
Yes, Simply visit us at the pharmacy or phone us. We will need to know the name of the medication you want filled, as well as the name of the pharmacy where you last had the prescription filled, so we can contact the pharmacy.
Will Pharmacy ever contact my doctor?
Yes, we may need to contact your doctor to:
- Answer any concerns or questions about the prescription written
- Discuss possible drug allergies or interactions with other medications you are taking
- Consult with your doctor to find out whether an alternative medication may be appropriate for you.
Is my health information kept confidential?
Yes, All personal health information is kept secure and confidential. If you would like to discuss a sensitive health concern with one of our pharmacists in private, please request to speak with us in our private counseling room, located in the pharmacy.
Who is a "prescribing pharmacist"?
A Prescribing Pharmacist is someone who has been granted privileges by the Alberta College of Pharmacists to write prescriptions for medications without you having to see a physician.
Is there any limitation on what type of medications a Prescribing Pharmacist can prescribe?
A pharmacist may not prescribe Narcotics, Controlled Drugs or Targeted Substances, including benzodiazepines. A pharmacist also may not provide an interim supply, extend a prescription, make a therapeutic substitution or adapt a prescription where the original prescription bears a specific indication otherwise.
Is there any limitation on whom a Prescribing Pharmacist can not subscribe?
Yes, Prescribing Pharmacist
- May not prescribe for Themselves
- May not prescribe for Animals
- Should not prescribe for a family member or someone of a “close personal or emotional relationship” unless there is no alternative. If a pharmacist prescribes in these circumstances, it should be appropriately documented.
Are you open on Sundays and Stat Holidays?
Sorry, we are closed on Sundays and Holidays.